Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day Weekend and Kicking off September!

We had a very laid back weekend that was just what the doctor ordered.  Unfortunately it wrapped up with R getting sick but overall we had a lot of time together so there's not much to complain about.  Fridays are one of my long days in the office so by Friday night we pretty much collapse on the couch after we put R to bed and I log on to work and try to wrap everything up that I couldn't get to during the day.  Tom had an early morning run planned so we hit the hay pretty early.

Tom's aunt and uncle were visiting from DC this weekend so we spent most of Saturday hanging out with them at my in-law's house watching the Michigan season opener.  Wouldn't you know I have zero pictures of this?  Fail.   After R's afternoon nap we ran to the mall to take advantage of the Labor Day sales while Tom watched a bit of football.
Aunt Jill requested a pic of R so we obliged...from the Gap dressing room.

Later that night I met up with some girlfriends for dinner and had some much needed adult/girl talk.  And most importantly...I had dinner out and stuck to Whole30...go me.   I opted for Kobe beef skewers and mushrooms and just asked for them to omit the butter...easy.   I'm sure I raised a few "is she pregnant?" eye brows with my water sipping but I assure you, I'm not.

Sunday started off with brunch with R and a couple of my girlfriends (again, no pictures) and Tom spent some more time with his visiting family.  I was pretty proud of myself for sticking to Whole30 again (veggie frittata, hold the cheese) when the smell of toast of pancakes almost made me cave!  We regrouped later in the day and ran some errands.

R's favorite way to grocery shop.

Monday was the official start of September (woohoo!) but I gotta say, this is the first summer in a long time that I haven't been pining for fall.  Maybe it's because we've had a fairly mild summer and we were actually able to enjoy being outside, but I'm pleasantly content with it not quite being fall yet.  And can we just put a moratorium on the pumpkin spice lattes until it's at least below 80 degrees outside?

Anyway, R woke up with a slight fever on Monday so we scraped brunch plans with my parents in lieu of them coming over with Chipotle.  We had a fun visit and I'm so grateful that R gets to see both sets of grandparents so often.  After her afternoon nap she seemed on the mend so we hit a few more Labor Day sales and were able to stock up on some work wardrobe essentials in record time.

Do you see a theme here?  No wonder she hates riding in her stroller when it is just the two of us!

R woke up on Tuesday with a bit of a higher fever so I cancelled my morning and stayed home with her.  Her fever was gone by late morning so her sitter came over and I headed into work for a few hours.  I have a feeling this is Hand Foot Mouth, yet again, but we'll know for sure by the end of the day I suppose.

When you don't feel good mom's "30 minutes of screen time" rule goes out the window.


Here's to a short work week, my last week of Whole30, and the unofficial start of fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment