Sunday, July 26, 2015

W&H// One Month!

On July 16th the twins turned one month old.  Just like their sister, it is still so crazy to me that we celebrated their one month birthday before their due date! The month was full of visits from family and friends, late nights, early mornings, and more happiness than I could have imagined.















During the first month the boys stayed on a three hour feeding schedule, day and night. After a
successful one month well check we were given the green light to cease waking them every three hours at night.  They still wake roughly every 3-4 hours to eat but go back down easily so I really have no complaints. 

The biggest challenge this far, and one I think I underestimated, is meeting the needs of all three children at once.  This is a huge transition for Reese at not even two years old, so helping her through it while meeting the demands of caring for newborn twins is much harder and more emotional than I ever really thought.  I think I tell myself I'm a terrible mom about 20 times a day, but I'm working on that!  I have faith we'll all get the hang of our new normal and keep reminding myself things are only going to get easier.  

We are soaking up every moment of our last newborn days and although they are exhausting and pass at a neck-breaking pace, things are so much better than we could have imagined. 


No comments:

Post a Comment